Yesterday we headed over to the Capital City Farmers Market to pick up a few pumpkins for Halloween.
But we got distracted and left with vodka and short ribs instead.
So sorry kids. No cool jack-o’-lanterns at the Littells this year. We whipped up one of our most favorite cocktails using our favorite new vodka instead.
Let’s let loose on our signature Spicy Bloody Marys, shall we?
Ingredients – the goodness:
- (1/2) cup of vodka – we used Calendonia Spirits Barr Hill Vodka and couldn’t be happier.
- (1) quart (OR 4 cups) of organic tomato juice – we used RW Knudsen Family and loved the consistency.
- (1) lemon, zested and juiced
- (1) large garlic clove
- (3) tablespoons of fresh horseradish – we used Rabbi’s Roots Horseradish and love the kick!
- (1) tablespoon of worcestershire
- (2) tablespoons of Sriracha hot sauce
- (1) and (1/2) teaspoons of Kosher salt
- (1) teaspoon of black pepper
- pickled okra (optional)
1. First, pull out your blender ya’ll. That’s where it’s all going down.
2. You’ll want to first zest your lemon straight into the blender. Then, juice that same lemon separately using a small strainer and pour in. By using both the zest and the juice you’re able to fully utilize the lemon, reducing waste. Plus, that zest will add a bright spark to your cocktail. You’ll see…
3. Next add your garlic, horseradish, worcestershire sauce, sriracha, salt and pepper. Pulse these ingredients gently in the blender to (of course) blend. Note: You want to leave your mixture slightly chunky.
4. Now, pour in your tomato juice and again pulse until blended.
5. Finally, add your vodka (feel free to increase amount based on your preference… and tolerance) and add (5) ice cubes. Then turn your blender on high and blend until smooth.
6. Serve it up with your favorite accompaniments and enjoy!
….We like ours with Yaya’s (translation: Harrison’s grandmother’s) pickled okra. Nom! Nom! Nom!…