Hip Hip Hooray! Spring has finally arrived! Can we please tell you how excited we are to welcome in a new season of fresh fruits. Bring. It. On. We say.
Sorry root veg. It’s been real but alas we bid you adieu.
Now, it’s still pretty early here in Vermont to get the buckets out and go picking. But our friends down in NC have been teasing us with tales of their early strawberry season. And since the temperature is rising to a perfect 70 degrees today we just had to jump the gun and toast the change of seasons with one of our newest infused cocktails.
Pull out the flips flops and the Adirondack chairs friends…
Let’s let loose on our Lemon & Rosemary Infused Strawberry Cocktails, shall we?
We’re serving them up two ways today. So pick your pleasure – frozen or on the rocks.
- (1) quart of strawberries
- Juice of 4-5 lemons ( 2/3-3/4 cup)
- (1) bunch of rosemary
- (4) Tablespoons (1/4 cup) of sugar in the raw
- (2) Tablespoons of honey
- Plus vodka, white rum or spiced rum … measurements below
To make your strawberry puree:
- (1) quart of strawberries, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- (2) Tablespoons of honey
Puree the berries and honey in a food processor or blender. After you puree, you can either leave the seeds in your mixture or strain the seeds out. If you strain the seeds out, plan for a possible yield shortage.
- (2) large stems of rosemary
- Juice from 4-5 lemons
- (4) Tablespoons of sugar in the raw
Heat the lemon juice and sugar on low until sugar dissolves. Then add your rosemary and turn off the heat. Stir repeatedly to increase flavor and aroma. Remove rosemary and dry on a rack. (You can later use to create candied rosemary for garnish.)
This should yield ¾ cup of simple syrup.
For those who prefer it frozen…
You’ll need a blender or a Vitamix.
The following is for (2) pints of frozen drink.
- (1) cup of pureed strawberries
- ½ cup of simple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon of finely chopped rosemary
- (2) pints of ice
- ½ cup of water
- (3) ounces of white or spiced rum (we prefer white with this)
Blend all of your ingredients. Voila!
For those who like their cocktails on the rocks…
You will need a small cocktail shaker.
- ½ teaspoon of finely chopped rosemary
- 3-4 Tablespoons of pureed strawberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons of simple syrup (depends on how sweet you would like your drink)
- 1 ½ oz. of vodka (we used Barr Hill Vodka)
- 2 ice cubes
Combine ingredients in your shaker with your ice cubes…shake, shake, shake…
Then pour over ice in a small rocks glass. Bottoms up!
Until we toast to the new season again,
A + H
Oh and speaking of toasts…. we’d like to cheers to Rob and Rebecca who made it official this weekend. Happy wedding weekend guys!! Congrats and cheers to you!! And cheers to April for ringing in her 30s AND cheers to Mom for her big birthday weekend too! Here here! All this celebration calls for another round of drinks!