We have a new obsession.
Meet our pretty new mixer.
We threw out a subtle wish for a Kitchenaid Mixer here on this very blog last month and guess what? She arrived on Christmas. Blogging is powerful. I wish next for world peace and diamonds. Fingers crossed.
Let me just tell you. This thing does it all. Sausage stuffing, ground beef grinding, fruit juicing, pasta making, I mean, if only it folded clothes (maybe there IS an attachment for that? Stand by…). But above all, we finally have a proper place (with horsepower!) to mix up some of our favorite, decadent treats.
And P.S. … We still cannot believe that our old yard sale Sunbeam Mixmaster kept up with us this far without bursting into flames. We really worked her. It was intense. May she land in a laid back home…
OK, on to the good stuff…
What are we baking for you first you ask? Why it’s our Double Chocolate Cake with Macerated Strawberries, friends. How does that sound? It’s the perfect treat for a lazy evening or a cozy date night with your favorite partner in crime.
Let’s let loose on our Double Chocolate Cake with Macerated Strawberries shall we?
- (12) Tablespoons of unsalted butter (approx. 1 and 1/2 sticks)
- (1) and (1/4) cups of sugar
- (2/3) cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- (1/3) teaspoon salt
- (1) teaspoon of vanilla extract
- (2) large eggs
- (2/3) cup of all-purpose flour
- (1/4) teaspoon of baking powder
- (1/2) cup of mini chocolate chips
- (1) bar of dark chocolate
- (12) strawberries sliced and macerated in sugar, Kahlua, tangerine juice and honey
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream your butter in the mixer with your sugar, cocoa powder and salt on speed two.
3. Next, mix in eggs and vanilla. Continue to mix on speed two until blended thoroughly.
4. Now add your flour, baking powder and chocolate chips. Lower your mixer speed to one.
5. Pour your blended mixture into a 9″ round pie pan and bake for approx. 35 minutes.
6. After removing your cake from the oven, immediately add your chocolate bar pieces on top to melt. Once melted, spread to create a rich chocolate layer.
7. Plate up with your strawberries, grab yourself a big glass of milk and enjoy!
Until mix, bake and melt again,
A + H