Well we survived our very first Thanksgiving away from family and friends. We missed everyone but we sure did have a blast cooking our way through our own homemade menu. We also had the pleasure of having fellow NECI student, Kacy join us (as Harrison’s much more accomplished sous chef for the day) with her witty mom, Bonnie along with Tommy in the final hour after he was found sitting solo on some steps.
Here’s a quick pictorial of our turkey day…
This morning we woke up ready to push through and finish up those final turkey remnants. But we were craving something a little lighter to start our Sunday. “Ooh crepes” is what popped in my mind so up we got and into the kitchen we went.
Let’s let loose on some Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey, Apple and Blue Cheese Crepes, shall we?
Ingredients for your crepes:
- (1) cup of whole milk
- (1/4) cup of water
- (2) free-range eggs
- (3) Tablespoons of melted butter (melt with a 1/4 teaspoon of salt) + (2)-(4) Tablespoons of butter for cooking
- (1) cup of flour
1. Combine all of the above ingredients (minus your cooking butter) in your blender and pulse for 10-15 seconds until fully blended.
2. Place your mixture in the fridge for 45 minutes to an hour to let bubbles subside.
3. Heat a medium non-stick pan on medium. Add a small amount of butter and melt.
4. Pour (1) ounce of batter into your pan and distribute in a circular motion. You want to create a thin layer of batter.
5. Cook for 30-45 seconds on medium heat (4-5), then flip and cook for 30 seconds more.
6. Remove from your pan and lay flat to cool OR add your filling, roll and serve.
Until we eat again,
A + H