Today, I Andrea, am 30. It’s official. Sayonora twenties. I bid you adieu.
Some of the things I happily leave to my twenties…
1. Smoking: Yes, I did it. I quit it. And I gag at the thought of doing it again.
2. Fast Food: Yes I loved it. I made a meal out of it. I can’t PROMISE I won’t ever eat it, but no longer will it be my go-to… never again.
3. Pop (as in the midwestern soda variety): I won’t share how many cans of pop I actually put down in a single day. Truthfully, I kind of lost count. Farewell Mountain Dew. We will always have college.
What I invite into my thirties…
1. Real Food: I’ve learned what “from scratch” really means and that “homemade” really is fun. I’ve learned what it means to eat fresh and taste (even feel) the difference. I will continue to learn. I will continue to be inspired, grow, have fun.
2. Real Risks: I won’t just dare to dream, I will finally dare to do. Little by little. Each and every day. I WILL let loose.
3. Real Adventure: Look, I admit it. I can be a little “uptight”, “polite”, “reserved”. This decade I’m letting go. Pushing myself. Really traveling. Embracing the journey. Hell, I may just take on snowboarding this winter after all (ok, maybe just cross-country skiing…but still, ADVENTURE!)
Hmm… there appears to be a trend.
And because no post is complete without something delicious, here are a few treats from this year’s birthday festivities…
OH AND… great news! I have a fancy pants new camera coming my way! I’m vowing to up the ante on our food shots and seriously cannot wait.
Hola thirties. I look forward to getting to know you. Cheers to what you have in store!