And the winner from last week’s Brussel Sprout – Three Way Thursday challenge was…
Brussel Sprout Veggie Pasta!
As promised, here’s your recipe!
First, “the goodness” (a.k.a your Brussel Sprout mix)
- (3) tablespoons olive oil
- (14) whole Brussel sprouts – cleaned / remove base and sliced in half
- (3/4) cup pea sprouts – wash throughly ya’ll…
H-dog got on his soap box about this one, as did the FDA…
- (1/2) cup red pepper, thin julienne
- (3/4) cup onion, thin julienne
- (3) cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Pull out your coolest medium saute pan (with a lid, you’ll need it).
2. Add your olive oil to the saute pan and let heat (temper) for 1 to 2 minutes on medium-high.
3. Add your onion and saute for 4 minutes, stirring (or get fancy and toss) occasionally.
4. Then add your red pepper and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
5. Next, reduce your heat to medium-low and add those gorgeous Brussel sprouts. Top it with a lid.
6. Saute your mixture covered for 8 to 10 minutes until your Brussel sprouts are tender – stirring (or tossing!) occasionally.
7. Finally, add in your *throughly washed* pea sprouts and turn off the heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
Meanwhile… be working on your pasta noodles…
- While you’re sauteing, tossing and simmering above, go ahead and get started on your pasta noodles.
- Pick your pleasure for this one… fettuccine, angel hair, farfalle… let loose!
- Cook noodles as directed by packaging.
Tip: Add a splash of olive oil in the water to prevent noodles from sticking.
Moving on, the final touch, your olive oil “dressing”:
- (1/4) cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- (2) cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
1. In a small sauce pot, add your olive oil and garlic.
2. Bring to a simmer on medium heat.
3. Once at a simmer, take your pot off heat.
Reason? Don’t want to burn that garlic, ya’ll!
4. Finally, in a large bowl, add your olive oil dressing to your drained pasta and coat thoroughly.
5. Plate your pasta and top each serving with your delicious Brussel sprout mixture.
Dig in, savor the veggie goodness and enjoy!
Until we eat again,
A & H